Overwhelmed with responses to Erasing Family documentary on Real Housewives of Orange County. Thank you Tamra Judge for being a light for #erased families.

Top comments:
My daughter has alienated me from her life for approximately 2 years now. The pain was/is so great. I’m very glad to have seen this on the OC because I’ve felt alone with this issue for a longtime.

I am sitting here sobbing after watching Tamra judge share her story on the real housewives television show. I am currently going through this and I went through it as a child. I can’t tell you how powerful this information is for me.

This is happening to me. We need this in our area because I’m sure it’s happening more often than we want to admit. Thanks for doing this.

I did not know about this organization until tonight. I too, like Tamra Judge, have been suffering in silence. Thank you Tamra for shedding light on this painful problem. I didn’t know there were so many of us suffering.

I saw tonight’s episode of Real Housewives and was struck by the information about your organization. I haven’t been able to put a name to it, but erased is exactly what it is. If I get nothing else from being introduced to you, I have found the proper adjective, which is ERASED.

Thank you! If it wasn’t 4 Tamara I wouldn’t have known about this.

When I watched tonight’s episode — it changed everything for me – I’ve been living with the pain and turmoil for 3 years of being erased from my daughters life, due to addiction she has faced , my parents and siblings and only family I’ve ever known. I thought I was alone – I’ve gone through therapy and am getting stronger every day – but after seeing this !! I can’t believe I’m not alone.

Erasing Family on Bravo TV!

6 thoughts on “Erasing Family on Bravo TV!

• August 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I too am an ERASED MOM!!!! When I first heard on the show she was estranged from her daughter I knew her debilitating pain. You see my Husband and my two other Adult sons have been erased from my middle sons life. Seven years now and three precious grandchildren we are erased from. You see this isn’t just a Divorce/separation issue, it’s whatever doesn’t go right in the Estranged Adult Child’s life they blame Mom and Dad for. And then when you add a Daughter In-law in the mix who was not allowed to see her grandfather when she was a child because her parents didn’t like grandpa’s life style. This is a REAL epidemic and it’s circulatory in families. And NOT one person is to BLAME for any of it. It’s Lack of communication, compassion, forgiveness, immaturity and many other emotions. This TRULY blindsided our family to the point that we had no choice but to go on somehow with out him and our grandchildren. It’s a daily struggle and one picture of them or a family
    member says something about them, it just throws me in a tail spin that can take days to come out of. Many times I’ve thought about ending my life. But through the grace of God he has strengthen me to survive this. So Producers I wanted you to broaden your film to include not just Estrangement of Adult Children from Divorce but to see it’s much much more than that. Sincerely Heart Broken Mom & Dad!

• September 28, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I am an #erased mom too! My son has alienated me from his life for the two years and I don’t see things getting any better. When he does choose to speak with me, he is very abusive. I have been in therapy, but I am still hurting very much. I would love to get involved in a group like this where others are going through the same thing. When Tamra said on the show that she could punch the next person that said her daughter would be back-I totally agreed! No one understands the pain and hurt unless they have been through it themselves.

• October 4, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Ilissa – Thanks for contacting us and sharing your story. Each day we have so many just like yourself contacting us, and this is the reason that we are making the Erasing Family documentary, to give the over 22 million families being erased in the US alone hope that one day they can reunite!

The Erasing Family Documentary is a film that aims to reunite millions of children with their loving families #erased by the courts. By sharing your story in video and filling out our survey, you can show how big this problem is and let others know they are not alone.

Go to http://erasingfamily.org/index.php/share-your-story/

First, send a video tribute of love and hope to your children!

Let them know that you miss them and want to see them. #Erased parents, grandparents, siblings, share your story, make as many videos as you want (one for each child, each family member can make their own). Don’t mention your ex, or explain what happened. Just say how long it has been since you have seen them, what you miss and what you will do when you reunite. 3 minute time limit. Take a look at the great examples here: https://youtu.be/3GgEFtoYmrQ

After you record your video tribute, fill out our survey so we can understand your story:

This survey will let you share more of your story. You must complete the survey and included waiver for your video to be accepted.

Please share with your friends, family and any others who are being #erased. Together we will help all families heal and work to make divorce and separation healthier for kids!

• August 6, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Thank you for this project. I’ve been suffering with being erased as a mom now for many years with my daughter. I’ve lived with guilt, shame, anger, and sadness to the point of almost giving up my own life, as a result of parental alienation. After watching Tamra’s video, I immediately connected with her story and #erasingfamily. There is a great need for this documentary and the issues at stake. I am thanking you with tears because now there is a glimmer of hope for many.

• August 7, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Thank you, Tamra, for sharing your story. As of May 7th, I am an #erased mom, and unfortunately, this has happened under the watch of a court appointed amicus assigned to my children. No only am I an erased mother, but my older daughter and son are #erased siblings as well. Heart breaking, because we miss her dearly, but most importantly the long term emotional damage this could have on my daughter. She is 13 years old. Many prayers for you and every other family member having to go through this. I am learning a lot about our family court system throughout this process and hope this documentary, as well as real family testimonies, brings attention to the seriousness of this issue. I also hope that it is a catalyst to start making these court appointed amicus attornies and counselors accountable when they don’t put forth a 100% effort toward the reunification process. Prayers.

• August 11, 2017 at 6:41 am

Thank you, Tamra, for being brave enough to share. I am an erased Mom too of a son and daughter 8 years.
    23 & 24 years old now. It’s hard. I pray for all of us.